Sonoglass® is a fiberglass based, spray applied acoustical treatment designed to provide superior acoustical values with a finished appearance. Sonoglass® will adhere to almost any surface configuration. This makes it ideal for applications to curved and irregular shaped ceilings such as those found in churches, gymnasiums and theaters. With only a thin application of Sonoglass®, noise reverberation times can be greatly reduced, improving audibility and comfort at a reasonable cost
- Flatter more uniform finish than standard spray-applied acoustic insulation
- More economical than many cellulose-based acoustic finishes
- Improved noise reduction capabilities
- Less material required for effective sound control
- Zero Flame Spread and non-combustible for safety
- Adds to thermal value with R-3.733 / inch
- Conforms to virtually any surface configuration
- Can be painted or tinted
- Contains a minimum of 25% recycled material
- Low VOC content: Sonoglass complies with California Dept. of Public Health CDHP Standard Method V 1.1 for low emitting materials
- Does not support mold growth
Sonoglass Spray Applied Acoustic Treatment exhibits the following properties.
Sonoglass Test Standards Summary
|Test Property||Test Method||Result|
|ASTM C-423||NRC 0.75 @ 0.8”/20mm
NRC 1.0 @ 1.7”/43mm
|Thermal Resistance||ASTM C-518||R-3.733 F*ft2*hr/BTU inch|
|Thermal Conductance||ASTM C-518||K=0.268 BTU*in/(ft*hr*F)|
|ASTM E-84||Flame Spread = 0
Smoke Developed = 0
|Air Erosion||ASTM E-859||0.11 grams|
|Fungal Resistance||MIL STD 810F||0 Mold Growth|
Click on the test to view the full test report.
Improved Noise Reduction Properties
With only a thin application of Sonoglass, noise reverberation time can be greatly reduced, improving audibility and comfort at a reasonable cost.
Sonoglass is a fiberglass based, spray applied acoustical treatment designed to provide superior acoustical values with a more finished appearance than our standard Monoglass Spray-On insulation.
Sonoglass will adhere to almost any surface configuration. This makes it ideal for applications to curved and irregular shaped ceilings such as those found in churches, gymnasiums and theaters.
Sonoglass Acoustic Insulation – Test Data
|Thermal||Sonoglass ASTM C518 Thermal Properties|
|Noise Reduction Coefficient||Sonoglass ASTM C423|
|Fungal||Sonoglass Mold Test|
|Surface Burning||Sonoglass ASTM E-84-07|
|Adhesion/Cohesion||Sonoglass Adhesion/Cohesion, Density, Air Erosion|
|Density / Air Erosion||Sonoglass Density, Air Erosion|
|Low VOC Content||VOC Emission Certificate – Sonoglass 2015|