Sonoglass® is a fiberglass based, spray applied acoustical treatment designed to provide superior acoustical values with a finished appearance. Sonoglass® will adhere to almost any surface configuration. This makes it ideal for applications to curved and irregular shaped ceilings such as those found in churches, gymnasiums and theaters. With only a thin application of Sonoglass®, noise reverberation times can be greatly reduced, improving audibility and comfort at a reasonable cost
- Flatter more uniform finish than standard spray-applied acoustic insulation
- More economical than many cellulose-based acoustic finishes
- Improved noise reduction capabilities
- Less material required for effective sound control
- Zero Flame Spread and non-combustible for safety
- Adds to thermal value with R-3.733 / inch
- Conforms to virtually any surface configuration
- Can be painted or tinted
- Contains a minimum of 58% recycled material
- Low VOC content: Sonoglass complies with California Dept. of Public Health CDHP Standard Method V 1.2-2017 for low emitting materials
- Does not support mold growth
Sonoglass Spray Applied Acoustic Treatment exhibits the following properties.
Sonoglass Test Standards Summary
|NRC 0.75 @ 0.8”/20mm
NRC 1.0 @ 1.7”/43mm
|R-3.733 F*ft2*hr/BTU inch
|Flame Spread = 0
Smoke Developed = 0
|MIL STD 810F
|0 Mold Growth
|Low VOC Emissions
|CDPH V1.2 - 2017
|<0.5mg/m3 - Passed
Improved Noise Reduction Properties
With only a thin application of Sonoglass, noise reverberation time can be greatly reduced, improving audibility and comfort at a reasonable cost.
Sonoglass is a fiberglass based, spray applied acoustical treatment designed to provide superior acoustical values with a more finished appearance than our standard Monoglass Spray-On insulation.
Sonoglass will adhere to almost any surface configuration. This makes it ideal for applications to curved and irregular shaped ceilings such as those found in churches, gymnasiums and theaters.
Sonoglass Acoustic Insulation
Test Data Table
Click on the link to view each individual test report.
|Sonoglass ASTM C518 Thermal Properties
|Noise Reduction Coefficient
|Sonoglass ASTM C423
|Sonoglass Mold Test
|Sonoglass ASTM E-84-07
|Sonoglass Adhesion/Cohesion, Density, Air Erosion
|Density / Air Erosion
|Sonoglass Density, Air Erosion
|Low VOC Content
|VOC Emission Certificate – Sonoglass 2021